Application Support Engineer: Overview
zingfit is in search of a Tier Three Advanced/Support Engineer to be part of our team in Louisville, CO. Our company builds and markets the leading scheduling and management platform for boutique fitness studios. We’re a fast-growing, dynamic organization looking for savvy talent. If you like to work hard, are intelligent and curious, and emphasize kindness and humor, you may be the ONE.
The Application Support Engineer’s two primary functions are to address customer support escalations from Tier-1/Tier-2 Support staff and to implement fixes and enhancements to strengthen the platform. This position is a stepping stone to becoming a full-fledged zingfit engineer.
The successful candidate will: troubleshoot and answer all support escalations; educate the Support team on system functionality; work through technical or ‘how to’ issues stemming from tier one and two support; advocate for product enhancements and changes to improve both the platform and day-to-day support work.
What You’ll Do:
- Become an expert in the zingfit platform from the perspective of the end-users of the software; ie: know how it all works
- Application/database level support for escalated issues with the scheduling/studio management software
- Bug replication and technical documentation on systemic issues
- Work with the product and engineering teams to scope out, prioritize and implement solutions focused on fortifying the platform to avoid future support escalations as well as improve customer experience.
The Right Candidate will Possess:
- The ability to roll up your sleeves and troubleshoot until the answer is clear- whether a configuration change or systemic fix
- The technical mindset to adapt quickly to an innovative product as required to support the platform
- The communication and collaboration skills to other support team members with competent solutions
- A true passion for helping solve problems and making an overall impact on our customers’ experience with the platform
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment with competing priorities and ability to assess, collaborate and communicate your priorities
- 1+ years full-stack application development experience including facile database knowledge
- 1+ years previous support experience a plus
Working knowledge of:
- Java (Spring a plus)
- SQL (PostgreSQL a plus)
- HTML/CSS (bootstrap or similar framework a plus)
- Web scripting language (Coldfusion, PHP, JSP)
Other tools/skills (not required as you’ll learn these on the job):
- Shell scripting
- REST API Design
- Mobile (react native)
- Unit, Integration and Load Testing
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org